At Hennig, Ruiz & Singh in Los Angeles, our lawyers talk to people every day who have been fired illegally or are facing discrimination and harassment on their job. California employment laws provide workers comprehensive protection against wage violations, discrimination and wrongful termination.
If you think your rights have been violated by your employer or due to your company’s policies, call us to schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys. We can be reached at (213) 310-8301 or through our contact form.
If you are facing a potentially discriminatory, harassing or retaliatory work environment:
1. Try to remain calm and collected.
2. Avoid raising your voice or becoming overly confrontational.
3. Report any potentially discriminatory, harassing or retaliatory conduct either to human resources or to your supervisor.
4. Make written complaints and keep copies of all documents that you submit and all responses from your employer. Confirm any oral responses from your employer in writing.
5. Keep a record of all incidents.
6. Identify all witnesses and keep a record of their contact information.
Please visit our Do I Have A Case? page to answer a few questions relating to your circumstances. If the questionnaire indicates you may have a case against your employer, call us at (213) 310-8301 or contact us by our form for a free consultation. Se Habla Español.