Helen You joined Hennig Ruiz & Singh as an associate attorney in December 2019 after graduating from law school. Helen represents employees in disputes involving discrimination and harassment based on race, sex, gender identity, age, and disability, failure to accommodate, whistleblower retaliation, misclassification, and wage and hour violations.
Helen has committed her legal education and career to fighting for social and economic justice. During law school, Helen worked as a law clerk for the firm for nearly a year where she gained substantive and practical experience vindicating the rights of employees and workers. Helen also externed for Inner City Law Center and the Law Office of Carol Sobel, and volunteered extensively through the Los Angeles community. Through her work, Helen has gained experience advocating for the economic and civil rights of people in vulnerable populations in both state and federal court.
Helen received her J.D. from the University of Southern California Gould School of Law in 2019, and her B.A. from Washington University in St. Louis in 2016.
Areas of Practice
- Discrimination and Harassment based on race, sex, gender identity, age, and disability
- Failure to Accommodate
- Whistleblower Retaliation
- Misclassification and Wage and Hour Violations
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 2019
- Honors: Review of Law and Social Justice
- Honors: President, National Lawyers Guild
- Honors: Pro Bono Student of the Year, 2018
- Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, Missouri
- B.A. - 2016
- Major: Anthropology
- Minor: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- National Lawyers Guild – Los Angeles, Workers Rights Committee, Co-Chair
Past Employment Positions
- Law Office of Carol Sobel, Los Angeles, CA – Law Clerk
- Inner City Law Center, Los Angeles, CA – Law Clerk
- Migrant and Immigrant Community Action Project, St. Louis, MO – Intern