Alex Favela joined Hennig, Kramer, Ruiz & Singh, LLP in August 2022 and serves as an associate attorney. Alex represents employees in disputes involving wage and hour violations, misclassification, harassment, discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, failure to accommodate violations, and class actions.
As a child of immigrant working-class parents, upholding the dignity of workers is central to Alex’s identity as a lawyer. A person’s job is their livelihood, and Alex strongly believes that workers deserve to be treated with respect and fairness. Before joining the firm, Alex gained invaluable experience clerking for the U.S. Office of Special Counsel (OSC), a federal agency dedicated to the protection of workers from wrongful employer practices. At the OSC, Alex assisted in the investigation of and prosecution against federal employers for complaints of whistleblower retaliation, discrimination, coercion, nepotism, and obstructing competition.
Alex received his J.D. from Stanford Law School in 2021. During law school, Alex served as Managing Editor for the Stanford Journal of Civil Rights & Civil Liberties, an interdisciplinary journal that provides a forum for cutting-edge civil rights scholarship. He was also selected for a partnership with the Office of the County Counsel for the County of Santa Clara, in which he assisted in litigation in immigration and administrative law. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy from The Johns Hopkins University in 2016.
In the past, Alex has also represented clients in disputes involving housing, welfare benefits, post-conviction relief, and immigration proceedings. Alex is a strong advocate for LGBTQ equality. Alex can also provide full-scope representation for Spanish-only clients.
- Stanford Law School, 2021
- The Johns Hopkins University, 2016
Areas of Practice
- Wage and Hour Violations
- Wrongful Termination
- Failure to Accommodate Violations
- Class Actions
- California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Los Angeles Employment Lawyers Group (LEFTJAW)
- LGBTQ+ Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
- Mexican American Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- U.S. Office of Special Counsel, San Francisco, CA – Law Clerk
- Legal Aid Society, San Mateo, CA – Legal Fellow
- Truth Initiative, San Francisco, CA – Legal Fellow
- Human Rights Campaign, Washington, DC – Legal Admin