- Associate Attorney, 2016
Shoshee (Jau) Hui joined Hennig, Ruiz & Singh as an associate attorney in December 2016 after graduating law school. While in law school, Shoshee worked as a law clerk for the firm for nearly two years. She also externed for the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and the U.S. Attorney's Office. These experiences have provided her an understanding of litigation from the various perspectives of the plaintiff, the defendant, the government agency, and the court. Shoshee brings this enriched perspective into her practice of fighting for civil rights through representing workers in the judicial system.
Shoshee is committed to public service and civil rights and dedicates her career to the protection of these rights through plaintiff-side employment law. At USC Law, she served as an officer for the Public Interest Law Foundation (PILF) and Asian Pacific American Law Students Association. She also participated in the Hale Moot Court Honors Program.
At Hennig Ruiz, Shoshee represents employees in disputes involving discrimination and harassment based on race, gender, age, and disability, failure to accommodate, whistleblower retaliation, and wage and hour violations.
Shoshee received her J.D. from the University of Southern California Gould School of Law and her B.A. in Political Science with a minor in English from the University of California, Los Angeles.
Areas of Practice
- Discrimination and Harassment based on race, gender, age, and disability
- Failure to Accommodate
- Whistleblower Retaliation
- Wage and Hour Violations
- California, 2016
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 2016
- Honors: Hale Moot Court Honors Program
- Honors: Officer, Public Interest Law Foundation (PILF)
- Honors: Officer, Asian Pacific American Law Students Association
- University of California, Los Angeles
- B.A. - 2013
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: English
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, Extern
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Extern
- U.S. Attorney’s Office, Extern
Pro Bono Activities
- Officer, Public Interest Law Foundation (PILF)
- Officer, Asian Pacific American Law Students Association
- Mandarin Chinese